Welcome to the Sunshine Children’s Centre
We are based in Burgh-Le Marsh and first opened in 2007, providing high quality care and education for children from aged 6 weeks to 5 years. We also offer a Breakfast and After School club for children who attend the local primary school and a Holiday club for ages 4 to 11 years.
- Running as a charity and not as a private business we are able to work together with parents to shape the service we offer and offer a flexible approach to childcare wherever possible. We are able to put back into our nursery as profit making is not our main aim
- We do not have a set settling-in routine; we jointly decide with each child’s parents the best way to help their child settle in. These sessions are provided free of charge.
- Our trained and qualified staff are passionate about nurturing the children in their care. They offer a wide range of activities and learning experiences to develop young minds, from messy play and cooking to problem solving, storytelling, creative play and trips out.
- We value the importance of outdoor play for the children’s self-esteem, confidence and skill building and have a lovely courtyard garden which we aim for the children to play in twice a day.
- We hold Healthy Childcare Status and have adopted a whole setting approach focusing on the importance of personal, social and emotional development, healthy eating and physical activity in the nursery.
- We use personal on-line Learning Journals to document how your children are progressing in conjunction with the Early Years Foundation Stage which both parents and your child’s Key Person can access. As well as providing a formal assessment in-line with Ofsted requirements, they are an excellent way
to record the special moments of your children and keep parents involved in partnership with us as your children blossom and grow.
- We aim to ensure that each child is in a safe and stimulating environment and
is given generous care and attention.
- Parents evenings held twice yearly
- Ofsted have recognised that all our children are well prepared for school
as we have are good links with feeder schools.
- Annual family fun day and sibling discounts available
Choosing a nursery is an important decision, so what makes us special:
for our 0-2 years olds
for our 2 and 3 year olds
for our 3 and 4 year olds
We are exceedingly proud of our nursery, staff,
children and look forward to you joining our family.
Click for our
Please login here to access the Nursery - prices, policys, menus,
For a login please contact us using the form here>>